Creating animals and other organic 3D models
WIZEgem has a unique and extremely simple way of creating organic 3D models.
Traditional 3D modeling tools use sculpting or polygon/curve modeling (like “NURBS”) used by experienced modelers were users manually design in the 3D space every part of the model. This is very time consuming with a high learning curve which is not appropriate for the non-experienced users. Also this tools are usually not parametric and do not have history tree which makes editing and customization very difficult.
WIZEgem tool is intended for users without any experience in any modeling tool. It has parametric 3D elements intended for specific purposes, some requires only simple parameter selection and some require simple manual design, like the “Rounded shape” element.
This element is part of the pendant jewelry sets. It is used to define 3D model organic parts that has oval cross-section, size and location changing along the organ “spine”. Instead of defining each section curve along the organ spine (curve modeling) or sculpting the organ (although WIZEgem support it as well), the user is only required to define the external shape, optionally internal shapes and the spine of each organ in the 2D space. The tool than mathematically and accurately generates the 3D sections based on the user simple 2D representation.
- Select necklace jewelry type and from “Shape pendant” set select “Rounded shape” element.
- Press “Free” button to start the free hand mode.
- Select start (where “path” option is selected)
- Press “Delete path” to delete all current shapes.
- Add your 2D image as a base to overlay your shapes using button “Add picture as grid”
- Define your separated parts, and start with one of them.
- Press “Create new shape path” button and using the 2D curves add an external path around your part. Make sure it’s a closed path by snapping the end point of the last curve to the first point of the first curve.
- Using ““Create new shape hole” button add curves that can be used as complete holes, engraving or emboss shapes within your external path. You can have several shapes.
- Use “Create new shape path” to define the spine of your part.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for each part
- Press done when finished. Wait few seconds since it’s a time consuming calculation.
That’s it!!! You have your live 3D model.
Share your model to show how a great designer you are.