Creating a complex 3D deformed ring model
WIZEgem introducing a new jewelry element named “Deform ring”. It is based on the “Extrude shape” element used specifically for rings. The deform ring is used to form a 3D ring model with a desired cross section and deforming (scale – inflate or deflate) it along the ring circumference. This is very useful ring element which enable the user easily creating a personalized and magnificent wedding band.
- Select ring jewelry type and from “Special rings” set select “Deform ring” element.
- Edit your ring size by pressing “ring diameter” edit marker.
- Press “Free” button to start the free hand mode.
- Select start (where “path” option is selected).
- Press “Delete path” to delete all current paths or edit each by selecting it.
We define the deformed ring by using 2 or 3 paths:
- Section shape path – this is the base cross section of the shape. It should always be a closed path. It should be in the middle
- Deform paths – these one or two curves define how to deform (scale) the section shape along the ring circumference, and it’s relative to it. It should be on the left side. The X is the relative point of the circumference path (starting from the mid bottom and going clock wise) and the Y value is the scale factor, were 1 means no scale. If we want to scale the shape the same way for XYZ than use only one path. If not than the first one defines the XY scale and the second one defines the Z scale.
- Press done.
That’s it!!! You have your deformed 3D ring model.
Share your model to show how a great designer you are.